Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Return to Children's Cancer Ward - Nairobi, Kenya

This August-September 2012, I made my second trip to Africa. During my time in Nairobi, Kenya, I returned to the Children's Cancer Ward at Kenyatta National Hospital, where I was able to donate books and supplies using the money I had raised back in the U.S. To all those who contributed: thanks so much for your support!! You should have seen the big smiles of these kids. Check out the photos:

 Here I am with the group of kids!

Don't know where they got these costumes from... but I highly approve

 



 

Me with one of the kids

 This girl was too weak to play with the others. I sat with her and we did puzzles for a while. 






I'm going to miss those kids - hope I get a chance to return next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment